Water Heater No Hot Water
If the breaker has tripped switch it off then switch it back on again.
Water heater no hot water. First check the water heater s circuit breaker in the service panel to make sure it hasn t tripped. The gas flame at the burner should burn steadily with a bright blue flame. An absence of hot water generally occurs as a result of all the hot water in the tank being used up for example by running both the washing machine and dishwasher at the same time. In this case all you have to do is relight the pilot and the problem is solved.
This was disappointing since my unit was fairly new. I tried to run hot water and would only get cold water. No hot water gas water heaters. There are a number of issues that could be to blame when your water heater isn t heating.
However if that is not the cause of the problem it s not difficult to troubleshoot your water heater to locate the issue. When dealing with natural gas extra precautions are necessary and do it yourself repair should only be done if you feel 100 confident in your abilities. Since tankless water heaters produce a lot of heat quickly the air intake and exhaust venting are critical. If the flame is irregular or yellow in color it will not be as hot and won t heat up the water in the tank as effectively.
A water heater that produces no hot water may not be getting power or it may have a tripped limit switch or one or more failed heating elements. Service the gas burner which usually means cleaning. Pilot lights can go out when there s nothing wrong with the appliance. In some cases this may look like a small led light.
Check for any obstructions to the vent on the outside of the house. Here is the procedure. Gas units have different problems than electric ones but both types can usually be repaired. You could have an issue with your power supply or a break in the wiring.
Gas water heater troubleshooting video. One time my tankless water heater was not working. If your gas hot water heater isn t making any hot water chances are the pilot light is out. First look inside the inspection window at the bottom of the water heater tank for a small flame.
One of your two heating elements.
- 12 Kitchen Gadgets People Always Regret Buying
- 12 Unconventional Homes Inspired By Nature
- 10 Homeowner Antics That Annoy Contractors Most
- 15 Abandoned Places That You Can See Only In Pictures
- Above Ground Pool Ideas
- 60 Watt Candelabra Bulbs
- All You Need To Know About Attic Flooring
- 10 Creative Designs For Classic Subway Tile
- Air Conditioner Not Blowing Cold Air But Running
- 9 Surprising Uses For Alka Seltzer
- 7 Ways You Re Vacuuming Wrong
- 8 Dangerous Secrets Your Home May Be Hiding
- 3 Essential Fall Lawn Maintenance Tasks
- 8 Reasons To Love Azaleas
- 40 Gallon Hot Water Tank
- 10 Surprising Reasons To Start House Hunting In Fall
- 10 U S Towns That Are Older Than America
- 10 Instant Cures For Any Kitchen Odor
- 4 Creative Ways To Do A Lampshade Makeover
- 15 Things Never To Put Down Your Garbage Disposal