How To Paint Oak Cabinets
If the hardware store professional told you that your oak surface has not been filled you will need to use an extra thick primer.
How to paint oak cabinets. For best results rent a paint sprayer from a hardware store to apply primer and paint to the doors and drawers. Apply 1 coat and allow it to dry for 24 hours. I have painted oak cabinets for clients who actually prefer the grain to show through the paint for a rustic look. To smooth the heavy oak wood grain use a putty knife to apply a very thin layer of spackle onto your cabinets.
Oak is an open grain wood with a porous surface but the grain can be filled to get a smooth finish when painted. Paint a coat of decoart stain blocker onto all of the bare wood surfaces. How to paint oak cabinets using a brush and roller if you don t mind a little of the oak grain showing after the cabinets are painted you can skip the steps above for filling in the oak grain and use the steps below to paint your oak cabinets using a good quality paint brush and roller. My most popular post by far has been how to paint your cabinets like a professional as a result i have gotten a lot of questions specifically about how to paint oak cabinets.
Prime the surface of the cabinets with an oil based primer. Once the spackling has dried sand it smooth with 320. This will prevent the tannins in the wood from bleeding through your fresh paint and causing yellowing. Learn about our proven process for how to paint oak cabinets and hide the grain to achieve a completely smooth and professional finish.
I ve talked about how to paint a room my favorite room painting essentials and some of my go to paint colors and today i m going to share how we painted our 80s orange oak cabinets to achieve a custom cabinetry finish. From sanding priming painting and clear coating.
- How To Get Slime Out Of Clothes
- How To Fix A Cracked Windshield With Household Items
- How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances With Baking Soda
- How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches Fast
- How To Fix A Leaky Shower
- How To Fix A Squeaky Floor
- How To Get Rid Of A Gopher
- How To Cut Atree
- How To Install A Sliding Screen Door
- How To Get Rid Of Hard Water Stains
- How To Get Rid Of Bats In The Attic
- How To Fix A Running Toilet
- How To Get Coffee Stain Out Of Carpet
- How To Install Vinyl Sheet Flooring
- How To Get Rid Of Mosquitos
- How To Clean Toilet Brush
- How To Identify Asbestos
- How To Get Rid Of Black Mold
- How To Install A Dishwasher
- How To Clean Air Conditioner Fins