How To Light A Pilot Light On A Furnace
It typically has a gas valve with on off and.
How to light a pilot light on a furnace. Once your gas dissipates turn the knob to pilot next you ll want to hold down the reset button and bring a lighter flame to the pilot opening do this while still holding the reset button. This one covers how to light the pilot on the gas furnace. An older gas furnace has a standing pilot that stays on all the time or at least it s supposed to. The gas may be the fuel but the pilot flame is the ignition and one that won t re light on its own.
The pilot light on a gas furnace can go out because of drafts. If the pilot light won t stay lit the opening may be clogged. My furnace still isn t working. For better or worse a pilot light extinguishing isn t all that uncommon as even a light breeze or draft of air is enough to kill the tiny flame.
In this episode of repair and replace vance shows how to relight the pilot light in a standing pilot furnace. This video is part of the heating and cooling series of training videos made to accompany my websites. If it still won t stay lit after several attempts you may have a faulty thermocouple. Come fall time or any time your pilot light might go out it is time to re light your pilot light.
A pilot light going out can be inconvenient because it will completely cripple your furnace. Relight the pilot light. If instructions for relighting the pilot are not provided follow this general procedure. Turn the gas valve off and clean the opening with a piece of fine wire.
A modern gas furnace usually has an electronic spark generator to ignite the gas when the thermostat calls for heat. How to light the pilot light to your furnace. They are usually fastened to the furnace. Find pilot light assembly.
A number of things can make an old furnace pilot light go out including a strong draft a faulty thermocouple or a loss of gas. If your pilot light goes out all you need to relight is a bbq lighter or a long match. A gas furnace s standing pilot in which the flame is lit at all times is sometimes referred to as a pilot light but no matter what you call it its purpose is to serve as a small ignition flame for the gas burner when the thermostat signals for gas to be delivered from the gas valve to the burner it is the standing pilot that ignites the gas to heat the air in the combustion chamber.
- Air Conditioner Room Size Calculator
- 21 Crazy But True Facts About The White House
- 10 Total Kitchen MakeoversГ And What They Cost
- 12 Things You Never Knew Chalk Can Do
- 9 Lampshades You Can Make Before Lights Out
- 100 Watt Led Lightbulbs
- 6 Simple Bathroom Storage Tips And Tricks
- 10 Signs You Re Paying Too Much For Your Mortgage
- 8 Tips To Keep You From Hating Your Kitchen Remodel
- 22 Effortless Ways To Make Less Trash
- 20000 Btu Air Conditioner
- 500 Sq Ft Apartment
- Ac Running But Not Cooling
- Above Ground Fire Pit
- 7 Ingenious Ikea Hacks For Your Backyard
- 14 Ways To Stop Hating Your Small Bathroom
- 10 Doable Designs For A Diy Rug
- 12 Mistakes That Make Your Kitchen More Attractive To Bugs
- 8 Tips For Fitting Everyone Around The Thanksgiving Table
- 14 Bright Ideas For Lighting Your Backyard