How To Care For An Orchid
Usually orchids are potted in either sphagnum moss or bark chips which both work well but need slightly different care.
How to care for an orchid. Orchids should be planted in fast draining soil. The moss mix retains more water so you can go longer between waterings. Knowing how to care for an orchid can sometimes seem difficult. Most orchids require water once a week.
Orchids are beautiful delicate flowers that come in array of colors shapes and sizes. Additional orchid care tips include repotting which is normally done every other year. Using moss based or bark based potting mix is suggested. Repotting in fresh orchid mix when your orchid stops blooming.
Orchids are an ever popular indoor potted plant while the exotic flower is widely available many do not know how to care for an orchid to keep it blooming. The bark based mix allows the water to drain quickly so you will need to water your orchid more frequently. However you can follow some simple guidelines regardless. Weekly feeding with a fertilizer designed for orchids.
Fertilize orchids weekly or bi weekly while they are producing new growth and decrease to monthly or bi monthly intervals once they mature. Discontinue altogether once the plants go dormant. This article is designed to help you take those first steps to properly caring for your new orchid and transitioning it into your permanent indoor flower collection. Moss acts like a sponge soaking up water and taking a long time to dry out.
Even though there are so many different types of orchids. Position your orchid in a bright windowsill facing east or west. There are over 22 000 species of orchids and care requirements may vary based on the type. Orchids may look very delicate but in reality they are not that difficult to grow or keep alive.
Avoid over watering as this can lead to root rot. According to the world checklist of selected plant families there are approximately 26 570 accepted orchid species. Orchids have diverse care needs. If your orchids suddenly stop blooming but have suitable light.
- How To Paint Wooden Furniture
- How To Remove Drywall Anchors
- How To Make Money Flipping Houses
- How To Put Ribbon On Christmas Tree
- How To Use Painters Tape
- How To Remove Tree Sap From Car
- How To Remove A Stuck Bolt
- How To Use A Paint Spray Gun
- How To Replace An Electrical Outlet
- How To Prepare For A Baby
- How To Paint A Fiberglass Door
- How To Remove Glue From Fabric
- How To Reupholster A Chair
- How To Kill Black Mold
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Carpet
- How To Replace Shower Handle
- How To Remove Spray Paint From Car
- How To Remove Permanent Marker
- How To Make Your Own All Natural Granite Cleaner
- How To Repair Concrete Driveway