How Is Concrete Made
Portland cement is the basic ingredient of concrete.
How is concrete made. Concrete made with portland cement is considered superior to that made with natural cement because it is stronger more durable and of more consistent quality. Concrete is formed when portland cement creates a paste with water that binds with sand and rock to harden. That s when portland cement the type of cement used to make today s concrete was first made. I don t owe any copyrights for this video.
Mix the water and dry concrete mixture together until it s stiff then thoroughly spray. However other types of concrete were used by ancient peoples thousands of years ago. How cement is made and history of portland cement. Concrete is one of the most durable building materials.
Fine aggregate which is 0 2 inches 5 millimeters or smaller and coarse aggregate as large as 1 5 inches 38 1 millimeters. Of course no one ever built a skyscraper out of mud bricks or sealed a mafia informer s feet in a slab of georgia red clay. In modern concrete a variety of materials help make up aggregates including sand and various sizes of gravel and crushed stone. Here is a new research on the microstructure of concrete.
Making concrete essentially resembles the common children s pastime of making mud pies in which mud is poured into a pan and allowed to dry into solid dirt. According to the american society of testing of materials astm portland cement is made by mixing calcareous consisting mostly of calcium carbonate material such as limestone with. In its simplest form concrete is a mixture of paste and aggregates or rocks. Mix in 4 parts of gravel or crushed brick to the mixture then slowly add water into the dry ingredients.
Are you interested to know about the microstructure of concrete. Aggregates are divided into two categories based on particle size. Concrete as you know it today has only been around for about 200 years. The earliest recorded use of concrete are from syria and jordan in 6500 b c e.
Structures made of concrete can have a long service life. Concrete is used more than any other artificial material in the world. The paste composed of portland cement and water coats the surface of the fine small and coarse larger aggregates. I just uploaded it because there was no good video about cement making process at that time.
How concrete is made. Through a chemical reaction called hydration the paste hardens and gains strength to form the rock like mass known as.
- 8 X10 Storage Shed
- Architectual Salvage San Diego
- 8 Wise Ways To Winter Proof Your Home For Practically Nothing
- 15 Tips For Growing Kitchen Herb Gardens
- 10 Best Affordable Mountain Towns
- Architectural Salvage Stores Near Me
- 800 Square Foot House Plans
- 5 Ways To Clear Summer Sports Clutter
- 5 New Ways To Sell Your Old Furniture
- 9 Questions To Ask Before You Buy A Fixer Upper
- 7 Surprising Pantry Items Naturally Clean And Freshen Your Home
- Architectural Shingles Vs 3 Tab
- 16x16 Concrete Pavers For Sale
- 12 Things You Never Knew Chalk Can Do
- 9 Ways To Extend Patio Season Into Fall
- Are You Still Cleaning Toilets The Old Fashioned Way
- Air Conditioner Size Calculator
- 10 Ways To Decorate Your Xmas Tree For Under 10
- 12 Architectural Appetizing Gingerbread Houses
- 8 Brilliant Ways To Get More SpaceГ Without Moving