Gas Water Heater Pilot Light
Turn the thermostat to its lowest setting.
Gas water heater pilot light. Turn the gas knob to the off setting and wait 5 minutes to clear out any gas. If you have quest. Lighting the pilot light on a gas heater is simple to do. A pilot light is always burning while using a small amount of gas either a water heater is running or not.
Replacement is an easy diy repair. Purchase water heater parts on amazon. If you smell gas do not proceed with lighting the pilot on your water heater. In this video i show you how to clean the filter that is underneath this style water heater.
Usually the first warning that your pilot light has gone out is the cold. Once there is a need for heating or call from a thermostat a gas control valve releases the gas into the main burner and the pilot light ignites the gas. If your hot water heater suddenly stops working chances are a bad thermocouple has shut off the gas to the pilot light. Shannon shows you how to light the gas pilot light on a typical residential water heater.
A bad thermocouple will shut off gas to both the pilot and the burner so the pilot light won t stay lit. A thermocouple senses the heat of the pilot and allows gas to flow to the burner. It is common on fireplaces and older cheaper furnaces and water heaters.
- Condensing Gas Water Heater
- Cheapest Real Estate In Us
- Chip And Joanna Gaines Businesses
- Custom Fiberglass Shower Pan
- Different Types Of Screw Heads
- Cost To Install Gutters And Downspouts
- Cheap Couches For Sale Under 100
- Cost To Brick A House
- Color For Kitchen Wall
- Diy Gifts For Men
- Cell Phone Charging Station
- Chandeliers For Lower Ceilings
- Cost To Install Gfci Outlet
- Concrete Flooring That Looks Like Wood
- Clean Stainless Steel Fridge
- Closest Ikea To Me
- Colors That Match Orange
- Diy Air Conditioning Units
- Corian Countertops Home Depot
- Children S Wooden Step Stool